Sheet metal parts have the characteristics of lightweight, high strength, electrical conductivity (can be used for electromagnetic shielding), low cost, and good mass production performance. They have been widely used in electronic appliances, communications, the automotive industry, medical equipment, and other fields. In computer cases, mobile phones, Autopilot systems, new energy vehicles, and sheet metal parts are essential.
Get a quick quote for your sheet metal projects from prototypes to mass production!
Sheet Metal Fabrication at PROTO MFG
Sheet metal is a process for thin metal sheets (usually below 6mm), including bending, punching/cutting/compositing, folding, welding, riveting, splicing, forming (such as automobile body, computer body), etc. Its remarkable feature is that the thickness of the same part is consistent. Products processed by sheet metal technology are called sheet metal parts.
The materials generally used in sheet metal processing are cold-rolled sheet (SPCC), hot-rolled sheet (SHCC), galvanized sheet (SECC, SGCC), copper (CU) brass, red copper, aluminum sheet (6061, 5052, 1010, 1060, 6063, etc.), aluminum profiles, stainless steel (mirror surface, brushed surface, matte surface), depending on the function of the product, the selection of materials is different, generally it is necessary to consider the use and cost of the product.
(1) Cold-rolled sheet SPCC is mainly used for electroplating and baking varnish, which is low in cost, easy to form, and has a material thickness of ≤3.2mm.
(2) Hot-rolled sheet SHCC, material T≥3.0mm, is also made of electroplating and baking varnish parts, which is low in cost, but difficult to form, mainly flat parts.
(3) Galvanized sheet SECC, SGCC. SECC electrolytic plates are divided into N material and P material. N material is mainly not used for surface treatment, which has high cost, and P material is used for sprayed parts.
(4) Copper: It is mainly used as conductive material, and its surface treatment is nickel plating, chrome plating, or no treatment, and the cost is high.
(5) Aluminum plate; generally use surface chromate (J11-A), oxidation (conductive oxidation, chemical oxidation), high cost, silver plating, nickel plating.
(6) Aluminum profiles; materials with complex cross-sectional structures, which are widely used in various sub-boxes. The surface treatment is the same as that of the aluminum plate.
(7) Stainless steel; it is mainly used without any surface treatment, and the cost is high.
Why Choose PROTO MFG for Sheet Metal Fabrication?
1. High production and processing efficiency
One of the outstanding features of PROTO MFG’s precision sheet metal processing is its fast cutting speed, which is not affected by the amount of processing. It is more suitable in the process of processing, because it saves the time of changing tools and further improves the speed of production and processing. To a certain extent, its working speed is significantly faster than its positioning speed.
2. Remarkable results
The cutting in PROTO MFG sheet metal processing is non-contact laser cutting, and the outer edge heating has little interference, which can avoid the adverse effect of thermal expansion on the product workpiece. It can suppress the collapsed outer edge caused by laser cutting of raw materials, and generally does not need to be processed again, which improves the work efficiency to a certain extent.
3. Not limited by material properties
The state-of-the-art equipment of PROTO MFG enables sheet metal processing to quickly produce aluminum profiles and carbide, regardless of hardness, which can be laser cut without distortion. The production and processing flexibility is also very good, not only can handle any graphics but also can cut pipelines and other various materials. Most non-metallic materials can also be processed quickly and efficiently.
Process of Sheet Metal Fabrication at PROTO MFG?
According to the difference in the structure of sheet metal parts, the process flow can be different, but the total does not exceed the following points.
4. Punching machine
5. Pressure riveting
Featured Capability of Materials
Featured Capability of Finishing
General Tolerance / According to the Drawings requirements
Custom Sheet Metal Service in China
We provide high-quality mechanical parts production solutions to support your product development and go to the market needs with Sheet Metal technologies. Proto MFG’s manufacturing solutions will give you Stable, committed, on-time, quality, and smooth communication to create, test and refine in ways you never thought possible so you can go to market faster.